Several weeks back, Laura of http://BranchandLeaf.wordpress.com sent along an award to me called a Wonderful Team Member Readership Award.
I love these little award things. Through them, I get to sort of “drop names” and brag about my friends who are still living (for a change). And, as it turns out, she must have left the gate open, because before I knew it, 2 more awards slipped in
and then just when I turned my head…the Living Notebook honored me with a Versatile Blogger award.
As all good things seem to travel in packs, I was also given a new little side gig: Starting with the February issue of the Insider, the newsletter of the Catholic Writer’s Guild, I will be a featured columnist penning “Writer to Writer.”
I’m kinda excited about all of this in Toy Poodle sort of way
So, I’ve decided to take a unique (Mom-styled) approach to the whole “acceptance” thing so that I can cut to the more exciting (it is in the end all about Mom)for me part where I get to introduce readers to some of my very favorite blogs. I am grouping the acceptance phase of all three of these awards into one mega-post. And then, you all will not have to be bored by Me-ness overload as I laud myself time after time…that just sounds silly.
So, on to the fun—the Simple Awesomeness of Awards—the handing on to others!
The Leibster that I was gifted in 2012 was via the kindness of the Mowry Journal http://mowryjournal.wordpress.com . It, as my post indicated at the time, put me into a full on Liebster Tizzy!
In order to accept the Liebster Award, one must do the following things:
1. thank (and link to) the presenter of my 2013 Liebster Award. This one was generously handed to me by the very talented Judy of http://greatestgenerationlessons.wordpress.com Thanks JUDY ! If you haven’t read her blog yet you are missing out. Her writing is stylish and what I consider a real reader’s pleasure. I will have to take issue with her tag-line though, which I will do a little farther on down the page.
2. post 11 fascinating facts about one’s own self (I do my best to fulfill these 11, and the requirements of #3 and #4 as well at http://youwhoineverknew.wordpress.com/2012/12/10/moms-liebster-award-tizzy/ )
3. answer the 11 questions that my nominator made up for me (which thankfully Judy had heard enough about me already and did not request a regurgitation of such…but if you missed out and want to know anyhow, if you click the address on #2, you’ll see it all spelled out in Mom glory)
4. make up 11 questions to be answered by the 11 blogs who I choose to award the Liebster too. Aha! Told you it gets fun! My 11 questions to nominees are also available to those who are about to be outed as nominees I do have to note here that I am more than a little disappointed that so far, none of my previous nominees has expressed a fondness for running around dressed in odd costumes for fun and / or self expression…oh well…
5. nominate 11 bloggers who I personally enjoy, AND who’s subscriber count does not exceed 200. Now, outside of asking you blatantly ~ Do you have fewer than 200 fans? ~ I will just do as I please and nominate the blogs that I have run across that I think others would enjoy too!
6. link to the 11 I choose, and then be sure to tell them why my website is pinging at them
Now, please note~ this gets harder and harder to do each time.
Back when 3 people followed this blog (including my Aunt) it was really easy to choose from my favorites. Nowadays, that’s a whole lot harder. And, I haven’t forgotten the original 11 from the 2012 Liebster, who are all still really superb, but probably way beyond their 200 customer count / occupancy load allowable by the award~ so here goes my early 2013 Liebster List…take the time to check each one of them out, I can pretty much bet you’ll love most if not all of them….and if you are one of the nominee / recipients, I expect to see a reply…eventually….Mom knows you all are busy
<3 1 Brandy of http://brandyheineman.wordpress.com just wound up her exceptional series (done in a bit more methodical manner than mine) on writing out family stories. A lot of you will recognize her beautiful storytelling style from the reblog she allowed me to post a couple months ago on “sweaty corpses.”
<3 2 http://LettersToRosa.wordpress.com and the sister site, “Down the Mountain Road” at http://SusanBahr.com are both written by Susan B in her creamy word-styling. I catch myself reading many of her posts a second time, just to pick thru the texture of her writing
<3 3 Fans of http://ahundredyearsago.com with Grandma Helena Muffly will likely fall head over heals in love with http://365daysofCenturyHomes.wordpress.com Written by Brenda a realtor specializing in old homes in her town, this blog makes me swoon over handrails, marble frontispieces, and battered hardwoods. Her blog is informative, but it’s mostly eye-candy and inspiration for me on days when I’d rather be entertained than typing
<3 4 If you’re in the mood for drama, grit, and visceral experience, you have to take a look at http://BrandonRayKirk.wordpress.com My heavens to Betsey! This is Downton Abby and King of Thrones as experienced by the Mountain Folk! Each post is like a serial chapter in these storylines…sometimes the cliff hangers are unbelievable! You don’t need no stinkin’ Hatfields and McCoys once you get hooked in by the true stories that Brandon unfolds…whew!
<3 5 Donna Catterick writes two really good blogs that are solidly done and a joy to read. Take a look at her “about” page on http://AlwaysBackRoads.wordpress.com for a taste of her excellent way with words and feelings. Or read her newer and hauntingly titled http://ThisILeave.wordpress.com devoted exclusively to the stories from her Grandfather’s diary.
<3 6 Liam at http://Leprechaunrabbit.wordpress.com (just sounds like a fun blog doesn’t it?)writes his stories under the title of “Rock of Ages, Grave Concerns” Also very busy like a good Irish Bunny should be, he writes http://YourRootsAreShowingDearie.wordpress.com Some day I have to take the time to submit one of my more colorful relations’ stories so I can earn a “Black Sheep” badge too
<3 7 We all know (and if we don’t we should) of the uncanny way of sniffing out good stuff that Jana of http://JanasGenealogyandFamilyHistory.blogspot.com comes up with. However, I’ve discovered Jordan at http://GenealogyDiscovery.wordpress.com and his endless “wow factor” stuff that he is always getting his hands on across the pond. If you want the UK hook-up version of Jana, I think I’ve found him in Jordan!
<3 8 Occasionally, I have to take a breather from all this dust and math. When I do, I very much enjoy the recipes and the pictures (of how the food SHOULD look when prepared according to her recipes) of Anita, that’s “Neets” to her fans, of http://OntoThePlate.wordpress.com I have attempted both her Pavlova and her Christmas Spice Cake with delicious results. I lack the patience to make stuff look as pretty as Anita does, but then maybe that’s really why she’s known as “Neets”
<3 9 The School of Joe http://eojsmada.wordpress.com is also a good one for a refreshing break. Joe writes with his heart about ~ what else ~ writing, writers and life. Just when I get frustrated, a new post seems to magically pop up on my reader and I find myself once again refreshed and newly “schooled” Thanks Joe
<3 10 Oh my darling Mrs P of http://mpozzanghera.wordpress.com with her “Destination Unknown” writes in a way that I completely understand. There is heart behind the words she chooses. I enjoy her stories, and I know the trouble she goes to getting them just right, being fair to all concerned, and still having her say!
<3 11 Last one of my 11 allotted for this Award is http://TheFamilyKalamazoo.wordpress.com just the banner photo on this blog is enough to sweep me in. Writing as CurrentDescendent (yep, I get the whole nom de plume thing ) the blog tells family stories and is really rich with the local history of the Kalamazoo area. I truly look forward to reading everything she pens.
Oh Goodness! Look at the Time! I guess I’ll have to carry on about this again tomorrow…I haven’t even started in on the Versatile or the Team yet!
In the meantime, do check out the nominees listed, and if you are nominated, be sure to claim the badge thingy (sorry, on my blog ya gotta cut and paste…my techno limitations are legendary). Until then, I’ll keep running my Toy Poodle Excitement Circles around the Family Room !