Joe, of The School of Joe responds to the Liebster he was awarded recently ~
One of my followers has nominated me for a Liebster Award! Her handle is “Mom” and her blog is located at : http://youwhoineverknew.wordpress.com
In order to accept the Liebster Award, one must do the following things:
1. Thank (and link to) the presenter of my 2013 Liebster Award. (DONE)
2. Post 11 fascinating facts about one’s own self:
- I am an American Citizen living in Canada
- I played Professional Golf for a couple years.
- I owned a Fiddler Crab as a child
- I, ironically, failed English in High School
- I am a HUGE Brandon Sanderson fanboy.
- I love to cook
- I lived in Orlando for several years and never once went to Disney World
- I worked right next to Sea World and never went, despite always have a free pass.
- My family calls what everyone calls an in-law…an “out-law”
- My Maternal Grandfather was a first generation Italian immigrant.
- I found out a few years ago, that part of my family doesn’t come from Austria, but Slovenia.
3. Answer the 11 questions that my nominator made up for me:
- How did I come up with the name of my blog? Like most of the titles of the posts I write, everything is tongue and cheek. The School of Joe was just the right touch of sass and sarcasm. I don’t take myself very seriously, as you probably have read.
- My favorite post from my blog: http://eojsmada.wordpress.com/2012/10/19/dreams-passion-organic-miracle-whip-and-much-much-more/ Probably one of the zanier, and yet lucid, posts I have written.
- When do I like to write the most? All the time. Nighttime is usually better for me.
- What do I do for fun when I am not blogging? I cook, play computer games, and read Sci-Fi/Fantasy.
- Who would I like to interview? DUH….Brandon Sanderson.
- Why did I start writing my blog? I did it as a precursor to jumpstarting a writing career. I figured that if I could write, consistently, a couple of times a week, that I would do well with writing.
- Favorite Food? Pizza…hands down.
- Favorite Drink? Double-cup of Tully’s Espresso Blend Keurig Vue coffee.
- What am I reading right now? (See the right column under for my Goodreads info)
- Favorite Vacation Spot? Italy…specifically Florence and Rome. Went there in 1997 and then again in 2007 on my honeymoon.
- Favorite Musician/Band? Great Big Sea!!!!!!!!!! http://www.greatbigsea.com
4. Make up 11 questions to be answered by the 11 blogs who I choose to award the Liebster too: The same ones I was given!!!
5. Nominate 11 bloggers who I personally enjoy, AND who’s subscriber count does not exceed 200: Not sure the subscriber count of my favorite blogs, so I will just nominate my favorite blogs. (Will finish this up later.)
- Karen Woodward – http://blog.karenwoodward.org - She and I are kindred spirits. Beware!!! She posts ALOT.
- The Fictorian Era - http://www.fictorians.com/ – Another great writing blog.
- Sarah Nego Writes - http://sarahnego.blogspot.ca/ – A blog about writing from an intern in a publishing company
- Maybe Someone Should Write That Down… - http://youwhoineverknew.wordpress.com – “Mom” ‘s blog about everything and anything. A good slice of reality and a blogger of genuine quality
- The Writer’s Alley - http://thewritersalleys.blogspot.ca/ – Another great writing blog
- Passionate Perseverance - http://passionateperseverance.blogspot.ca/ – A great blog about the daily trials and tribulations of raising a daughter with special needs. Such a great testimony.
6. Link to the 11 I choose: I did